Wiladat Anniversary of Imam Hussein A.S 3rd Sha’baan
Hazrat Imam Hussain (A.S.) was born on the 3rd of Shaban 4th Hijrah in Medinah Munawarra. His father was Ali (A.S.) and mother was Fatimah (S.A.). When the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) heard the news of Imam Hussain’s birth he (P.B.U.H.) became very happy and came to the house of Fatimah (S.A.). Asma, the maidservant of Hazrat Zahra covered the child in a white cloth and brought him to the Prophet (P.B.U.H.). The Prophet (P.B.U.H.), picked the child up in his lap and recited the Azaan in his right ear and Aqamat in the left one. As if, apparently, he (P.B.U.H.) made the ears of his son familiar and acquainted with the name of God for the first time. On the seventh day of the birth, an angel came from the God and he said, “Just as Haroon was the brother, sympathizer, and helper in each and every difficulty of Moosa (A.S.) similarly Ali (A.S.) is your sympathizer helper and brother in each and every matter of yours. Therefore, keep the name of this child upon the name of Haroon’s son “Shabeer,” which translated into Arabic becomes ‘Hussain’. Thus the name of the second child of Fatimah (S.A.) was also selected by God.
On the 7th day of the birth Hazrat Fatimah (S.A.) got a sheep slaughtered as the Aqeeqa and distributed it’s meat among the needy and poor.
The Prophet (P.B.U.H.) quite often hugged Hussain (A.S.) taking him into his lap and used to weep bitterly, saying, “A very big tragedy will be met by my son Hussain”. The brutals and bloody men of Bani Omyaide will slay my dear son. I will not interces and mediate for them on the dooms day.
The Love of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.)
The Prophet (P.B.U.H.) loved Imam Hussain (A.S.) very much. His companion Salman Farsi describes, “I saw that the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) had picked up Imam Hussain (A.S.) upon his knee and was kissing him saying, “Oh son, you are the Imam son of Imams and father of nine Imams, who would be from your generation and the last one of them is Mehdi. “One can estimate and guess the amount of love the Prophet had with Imam Hussain (A.S.) from this sentence of his “Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain.” The one who is the friend of Hassan and Hussain is my friend and the one who is their enemy, is my enemy.
Brief Sayings of the Imam Hussain (A.S.)
1. Imam Hussain (A.S.) said on the day of Ashoora: “People are the servants of the World and touch the religion by their tongues. Till such time that they know that religion does not carry any harm for them, they would move and spin around it. But when the test comes then the real religious ones are (to be seen) actually very few in number.”
2. Imam Hussain (A.S.) told his son Imam Zain ul Abidin: “Avoid being cruel to anybody who does not have any helper except God.”
3. During fare well to his son on Ashoora day he said: “Oh my son do not weep, do not shed tears on my leaving, your distress and calamity does not come to an end. But that will be the beginning of your discomforts, agonies and grief’s. Be strong, because God is your supporter. Beware, after I pass away, do not say a word before the enemy so that your worth comes down.”
4. Worst of the people is the one who gives (surrenders) his dooms day for his world (material gains).
5. Do not perform any good work for the sake of people’s praise and do not abandon it for fear of shame.
6. Those who worship and adore God do not worship others.
7. Whatever my brother Hassan (A.S.) did during his life was upon the command and order of God. And that which I do is also upon the order of God.
8. Do not say a word, which may make you repent and force you to make excuse.