Annual Peace Procession
Please see below information relating to the annual peace procession from the organising team:
We encourage all men, women and children to attend the Annual Peace & Humanity Procession due to take place this year on Sunday 15th October 2017. We will be walking from Zainabiya Islamic Centre at 1:30pm after Salaah is prayed at 12:52pm. We will walk to Stadium MK and then turn back and arrive at the Centre at 2:30pm.
This is a unique opportunity to remember the message of Imam Hussain (as) as well as spread his message to individuals who may never have heard of him before. His message is of course a universal one that aligns with not only Islamic values but humanitarian values as well and inshallah this will be emphasised on throughout the procession.
If you are coming, there are a few things for you to be mindful of:
- The weather is sunny and bright but it may get windy so do wrap up warm; highs of 16 degrees
- We will be walking in rows of 3 in a unified manner with men at the front and the women following behind. Children may either accompany their father or mother respectively in the rows, but do please ensure they walk safely alongside you.
- We shall be walking slowly to ensure that everyone can keep up, including the elderly or disabled.
- Please don’t walk on the soft verges or any green areas. Do take care of any trees or low hanging branches and please avoid plucking any wild flowers.
- Please wear loose black clothing and of course observe hijab at all times. Don’t underestimate how powerful it is to see so many people wearing funeral attire walking together in unity in a dignified manner.
- We’d encourage all attendees to throw away all rubbish in the black bags provided. Our sanitation team will be going around with black bags to help dispose of waste easily for all attendees.
- In the unlikely event of a medical emergency, please alert one of our first aiders who will be wearing bright green tabards who can assist you immediately.
May Allah (swt) make it this a great success and blessing for all the organisers and participants here and in the other places all over the globe where there is a procession happening in the name of Imam Hussain (a.s)